Location: 1476 J.A. Cochran Bypass
Mailing Address: PO Box 580, Chester SC, 29706
Phone: (803) 377-3848
Fax: (855) 556-6305
Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday
IT Director: David Schuelke
IT Technician: Sherry Clack
Support Email - helpdesk@ChesterCounty.org
The purpose of the Information Technology (I.T.) Department is to insure that the county has the computer equipment and software needed to perform at its optimal level and that county staff is trained and comfortable working with said equipment. The IT Department supports all county departments with individual computer needs.
Responsibilities and Services
- Offer training to all county employees on relevant computer systems.
- Provide support services to departments relating to equipment and software purchases.
- Analyze department requests for new equipment and software and recommend items for purchase.
- Analyze the county's Information Technology needs and provide alternatives for meeting those needs.
- Responsible for keeping the County computer system and all peripherals performing and functioning efficiently at all times.
- Responsible for training all computer users.
- Perform daily backups of all major computer systems within the County.
- Monitor installation of all new computer hardware and software.
- Review personal computer needs and standards.
- Monitor computer security access.
- Serve as liaison between the County and the information resource management contractor.
- Oversee computer system conversion projects.