Location: 154 Main St.
Mailing Address: PO Box 580, Chester SC, 29706
Phone: (803) 385-6157
Fax: (855) 946-0426
Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
With compassion and knowledge; we work as an advocate to ensure all veterans and dependents receive professional assistance in determining eligibility for their VA benefits from the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Office Does:
- Assists veterans, spouses and dependents in determining the procedures necessary to facilitate the receipt of veterans' benefits, including those for disability, burial, pension, education, VA home loans, health care, and clients with the placement of veterans into a VA nursing home or other facility.
- Assists clients with obtaining prescribed medications, hunting and fishing licenses, military ID cards, replacement awards and medals, military records, property tax exemptions, etc.
- Interprets state and federal laws and guidelines regarding veterans' benefits to clients.
- Completes applications and supporting statements, correspondence, reports, forms, etc.
- Works appeal cases for veterans and dependents.
The Office Does Not:
- Distribute funds
- Determine eligibility or entitlement
- Schedule appointments or have control over appointments at the VA Medical Centers or private medical doctors.
- We do not have a DAV van for transportation to medical appointments; but, our office will try and help with alternative transportation.
- Provide job placement.