Location: 135 Center St.
Mailing Address: PO Box 580, Chester, SC 29706
Phone: (803) 377-7236
Hours: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm -- Monday - Friday
Director: Phil Stephenson – firstname.lastname@example.org
The County Garage maintains vehicles for County operations. It services and does minor repairs to the vehicles.
Responsibilities and Services
- Provide vehicles and equipment for County departments
- Purchase and maintain parts for the repairs of vehicles
- Repair and maintain the County's vehicles, heavy equipment, ambulances, dump trucks, trailers and small engine equipment
- Provide motor pool vehicles for departments with occasional vehicle needs
- Record the repair and maintenance history on all County vehicles, heavy equipment and small engine equipment for the life of each unit
- Evaluate vehicle conditions and make recommendations for replacement of all County vehicles
- Keep a mileage log for all county owned vehicles
- SPARE VEHICLE - Vehicles used on a rational basis to maintain continuity of departmental operations.